Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Where's the Panic Room?

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Where's the Panic Room?

So I have this strange quirk in my psyche that arises very rarely but when it does it's soooo hard to contain. In general, I come off as a very self-confident, capable woman--ready to take on the world, so to speak. Then out of nowhere, I will have a panic attack that sends me reeling--and I won't even know why. Granted, there's a lot going on right now but still. . . .

I think I'm nervous about my upcoming trip and performance in Minneapolis. And although I'm excited, I'm also not good at being away from home for very long. So, although I can recognize the circumstances that are causing this tremendous anxiety, I can't seem to do anything about it.

breathe, breathe, breathe

1 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that you have underlying constant anxiety at some levels all the time and then it will spike from time to time.

I think you need to let go of the outcome of certain things but work hard and do your best. this way you will be more focused on your task at hand then worrying about the outcome of it.

I don't think it would hurt to get some professional help because sometimes its in our genes or learned behavior from childhood or even unsolved conflcts in our minds will predispose to panic attacks.

there is no simple solution to it, but I would suggest to get professional help.

Gurinder "G"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home