Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: I heart Minneapolis

Monday, October 08, 2007

I heart Minneapolis

Well, for all my anxiety, the concert came off well--even though the drummer was late and the harmonium didn't show up until 2-3 songs in! Yikes! But I managed to maintain my grace (okay I steamed a little!) and 'the show must go on' as they say.

Minneapolis is a great city and has the most amazing modern art museum I've ever been to--The Walker Art Center. Thrilling.

The downtown is beautiful and Midtown, where the event was happening, is an up-and-coming little area. The market reminded me a lot of the Seattle Public Market, which was my favorite area of Seattle for years.

I ran into someone I met this summer--Luci aka Guru Narayan Kaur--and we had a nice visit and also met some great people who had come in for the event. There was lots of Yoruba influences among several of the teachers, which was fun to be a part of, and the Ethiopian food was amazing.

Sunder Kaur aka Gaia has promised to make me famous--we shall see. But for my first professional gig, it had its bumps in the road, and was great fun.

Viva Minneapolis!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home