Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: In Memorium

Monday, January 21, 2008

In Memorium

Today is the anniversary of my friend's brother's death. I didn't know his brother. I had just moved here the summer before--so I saw him around but never got to know him, Kunle Adeniji, but I always heard great things about him. And then I blinked my eyes and he was gone.

Since his death, I've become friends with his brother and I don't think the impact of his loss has ever really sunk in with me. And to be fair, I don't think you can really ever know someone else's grief until you've gone through it yourself. No matter how much I want to empathize, I'll never know his experience, the profound loss of companionship and family, the guilt, the pain as well as the fun and the laughter.

We blink our eyes--and then it's gone. Life. But sometimes it seems that it's only the loss of someone that makes us realize how precious this life is.

To the King!
May his light continue to merge with the great light that guides us all. . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home