Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: Trusting in love

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Trusting in love

Remember: love without trust and trust without love
means nothing. Love is nothing but infinite trust. Infinite
trust is nothing but love. --Yogi Bhajan

So this past year has taught me a lot about myself, about my weaknesses and my strengths. I used to be so angry when I was deceived by the one I love. I used to hate myself for trusting. But as I've grown older, and been through it several times, I began to realize that there is nothing wrong with my trust, or my faith, there's nothing in myself to be angry about--instead, I was deceived. They lied, they misled me, they betrayed me. The only thing that I need to learn from and change is that instead of walking away, I give them another chance, and another, and another. I abandon myself and my own instincts--in order to "love".

But if what Yogi Bhajan says is true--which I believe--then love without trust cannot exist. What I believe is love is just my own attachment to what I thought would be or could be or wanted to be--not what actually is.

My journey now is to trust in love and it has to begin with myself. Do I love myself enough to not abandon myself? Do I love myself enough to trust that I deserve only the best? Do I trust myself, do I trust God enough to wait? We shall see what we shall do.

Until then, keep your eyes on the one that sustains us all and turn them inward before you fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home