Greetings from the Land of Enchantment: The Offer

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Offer

Today is a big day. I've just put an offer in on my first house. If they accept, I'll be moving in to my very own house in just under a month! Crazy!

I never thought of myself as someone who could or would buy a house (and truth be told I probably couldn't without my parents' generosity). But here I am today, a soon-to-be homeowner. It's a big step. It feels even bigger because I'm single. I always pictured myself doing this type of thing with someone. It's a great leap in responsibility, independence, and security--and all coming from me, providing it for myself, not waiting for someone else to give it to me.

My good housing karma continues though, I must say. I was about to make an offer on a house that I still had some reservations about when my broker brought me to this house--my house. It's perfect in every way. I walked through the rooms and as I came back into the living room I said, "This is it. Let's make an offer." It's just one of those things that you know. I know it's my house. Strange.

If you read this blog in the next day or two, please send out a little prayer. I could use something good right about now (smile).

home again, home again, jiggety jig. . .

1 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations! on your new home offer!

Its good to own a property because there is tax benefits. When we are renting then we are just paying big comapany's mortgage.

Good luck! Always go with the flow and enjoy your life until the last breath of life.

Gurinder "G"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home